There was one time when I attended a vigil in one rural area. the father was inside the coffin.  It was without preparation of how to react that overcame me for one of the little boys approached the coffin and within hesitation knocked the glass and told the father: "Why are you still inside there when it is already morning? Join us". How would you react if you were there? To this day I could not recall how I managed to go through the scenario and remained sane. Months later the mother visited us and stayed for some nights with us. Would you believe a rare bird circled our house and went around the room where the mother, then turned widow stayed. the following day she went home and decided not to transfer in the big city.

The aforementioned scene led me to suggest to mothers to tell their children about death. When my husband died, the children were already in the elementary, high school and college so it was not so difficult to accept death. How about those in very early years, 3-7 years old - how do we prepare them? Please share how you did it for I would not know from experience. . .

However, death is very meaningful if dealt with in the context of faith. It must be difficult if we just talk of death as the end of one's existence. Seen in the eyes of a believer, death is a gateway to a life which has no end.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds